Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, Mycostop thrives in the root zone of plants. In doing so it creates a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot.
Mycostop has been shown (in independent trials) to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity. The active bacteria produces plant root stimulating hormones which hastens roots development and increases the plants natural resistance to attack from disease.
Uses for Mycostop in RDWC include control of diseases caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Botrytis, Rhizoctonia and Phytophthora in CEA and greenhouse applications.
The most effective way to use Mycostop is preventatively, reapplying on a monthly basis. The Streptomyces griseoviridis bacteria survives in the root zone for several weeks protecting the crop against invading pathogens.
Apply Mycostop in your RDWC system preemptively or any time your plants suffer heat or chemical stress.
• A reliable tool to control damping-off, wilt and root diseases
• Promotes plant growth
• Induces plant defense mechanisms
• Effective in an organic and inorganic growing medium
• Compatible with biological and integrated pest management programs
• No risk of resistance
• Long-lasting impact on the entire plant
• Safe for humans and the environment
Mycostop Biological Fungicide can be used in conjunction with UC Roots to control fungal diseases in the root zone. Mycostop should be applied when plants are initially transplanted and reapplied subsequently at monthly intervals. Mycostop is available in 2 sizes:
2 Gram – Treats up to 200 Gallons of Nutrient Solution
5 Gram – Treats up to 500 Gallons of Nutrient Solution
Mycostop General Recommendations
Mycostop can be used in conjunction with UC Roots.
Standard Preventative Application – add to UC System once per month (ideally with nutrient change out)
- 1 gram Mycostop to 100 gallons purified water
- Re-administer after any high dose UC Roots flush
First Signs of Root Issues – add to UC System
- 4 grams Mycostop to 100 gallons purified water
- 5 ml UC Roots per gallon purified water
Infected Plant Dunk – dunk root mass and grow medium into solution
- If necessary, remove dead or dying root material (sterilize scissors or scalpel between plants)
- Dunk root mass and grow medium into UC Roots solution (100 ml per 10 gallons purified water) for 5 to 15 seconds
- Dunk root mass and grow medium into Mycostop solution (1 gram per 10 gallons purified water) for 5 to 15 seconds
- Place plant back into system with fresh nutrient solution change out
- Add Standard Preventative Application to system
Preventative Root Dip – dunk root mass and grow medium into solution
- Before planting into UC system
- 2 grams Mycostop to 5 gallons purified water
These are general recommendations. Please monitor your plants and use with discretion.